My Staycation At ARRIVE hotel
My husband and I both have hectic work lives making it hard to get away. He can get called out of town for work last minute, making it hard to plan ahead to take advantage of lower airline rates. Childcare is also a challenge without family in town for couples trips. However, we started taking a spur of the moment staycations, and that has been a game-changer! So when The ARRIVE hotel reached out to me to come to stay at there new hotel on the east side of Austin, I knew it would be a great fit!
Refreshingly, everything is done a little differently here. First, there is not a huge hotel lobby. The check-in desk is discretely located to the side of their gorgeous restaurant, Vixon’s Wedding. I was pleased to be offered locally made waters and cocktails (some of my current favorites) from vintage ice-chest. After they give you your keys you are on a text basis for communication the rest of your stay. If you need anything at all, charger cube, ice, towels, valet, you just text your needs and they make it happen.
We were given the Kinda Suite room. The modern/vintage decor was beyond cute! Think, concrete ceiling, luxe wallpaper, natural woods, and a crisp modern tiled bathroom. The vintage touches, such as the retro Bluetooth radio, mini-fridge, and artwork, were perfection.
I loved the conveniences the room had like Apple TV so that you can stream your shows, and the cute coffee table books to browse. It really was all about the natural lighting though! This room had multiple floor to ceiling windows that lit up the space beautifully!
This is also a dog-friendly hotel, so you have the option to bring your pup! Austin is such a dog-loving city, and I do not believe there is a patio in town that dogs are not welcome.
Restaurants & Cocktail Bars
ARRIVE is not only a fabulous place to stay, but the restaurant and bars attached to it are also some of the best in Austin! I had been to Vixen’s Wedding before I stayed here for drinks, so I knew the decor and vibe were next level amazing. However, I hadn’t eaten there before. We had the tasting menu which is multiple courses of chefs choice appetizers, entrees, and a dessert. The food is Goan Portuguese inspired. Everything was so good, but the crudo, fried green tomatoes, bread, and duck stood out for me!
After dinner, we went up to The Gin Bar to have specialty cocktails on the open-air patio. Heaters and are there for warmth in the colder months. In addition to the cozy seating areas around gas fireplaces, there is bar seating overlooking the view and Lefty’s Brick Bar.
Lefty’s Brick Bar is definitely a place we love to visit. There is a cute seating area inside with the bar and kitchen but it’s mostly all outside with a rock covered ground, picnic tables, and a fun New Orleans vibe. It is also very dog-friendly, and Austinites know it and love it!
Right now you can get $50.00 off a two-night stay using this code! You won’t be disappointed!
7 Tips For The Ultimate Staycation
- Plan something special. A dinner reservation to somewhere you’ve never been, a local event or concert. Check out the city magazine to see what’s going on. If you’re in Austin, this link will give you the low down.
- Bring your chic loungewear, including slippers, silk robe, cozy joggers.
- Even the best resorts can have windows that are too bright and walls too thin, so don’t forget an eye mask and earplugs if you’re sensitive to light and sound when you sleep.
- Give yourself a pass to relax. Do whatever that looks like for you. Maybe it’s unplugging from your phone, taking a much-needed nap, or reading a book. Enjoy each other and have fun!
- Have fun documenting your staycation! Take a selfie with every location you visit.
- Bring some champagne or your favorite wine with you! You can also bring your glassware to make it extra special. Just keep it all in your room.
- Check your credit card points to see if you can upgrade your room.
Need a packing guide for your next resort staycation? Read more here.
Do you love Packing Hacks? Here are 11 to know about! Read more here.
Photography: Paige Casey
Sponsored by: ARRIVE hotels
Be sure to follow me on my social channels and subscribe now, so you don’t miss the next post 🙂
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest
YOU CAN SHOP ALL OF MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS HERE.
YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD THE LIKETOKNOW.IT APP AND FOLLOW ME ON IT BY CLICKING HERE.
FOLLOW HER FASHIONED LIFE ON PINTEREST FOR STYLE INSPIRATION ON EVERYTHING FROM EVERYDAY OUTFITS, HANDBAGS, TRAVEL, AND ANTI-AGING ADVICE.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I truly appreciate it!