Having an LBD in your closet is a must-have. It’s your fall back to looking chic and put together at a moments notice, no shopping required! Whether you’re headed out for drinks with the girls or a black-tie gala your dress can be styled perfectly for either occasion. However, you don’t want to blend in with the many other black dresses in the same room at your event. Here are some easy style tips on how to make yours stand out while still keeping it classic and chic.
First, you want the right LBD. Not to say you can only have one! You want to look for classic, not trendy, lines in the dress. Simple but significant details are however a bonus! Such as beautiful buttons or the sheer ruched neckline on the dress I’m wearing. I was drawn to this dress immediately when I saw it on the Maggy London site!
Keep the hemline a little longer, or a full skirt, if want above the knee. Doing this will keep you from, having a night out clubbing look. I loved the sheer cap sleeves on this dress because I’m always cold inside when the a/c is blasting! Isn’t it funny that guys get to wear coats to get dressed up and women get to expose skin!
The other thing to look for the fabric. Spend a little more to get quality fabric the will hold up through the years of use and dry cleaning.
Once you have the perfect LBD, it’s all in the details to make you stand out from the crowd!
- Add interest to your timeless black dress with your accessories. A bold clutch, statement earrings or vibrantly colored stiletto heels with take you to a whole new level of chicness.
- Make-up and nail color choice can also be a huge factor when styling your look. Adding a red lip or bold eyeliner will give your face color while choosing the right nail polish will also add to the overall feel of your outfit.
- Mixing the fabric and accessory textures is also a perfect way to keep the eye interested! My dress is so much more interesting with the sheer details. Think of adding fur, leather, crocodile in your bag, coat or shoes.
- Don’t be afraid to belt it! This will add definition to your waist and be a little unexpected. It breaks up the long simple silhouette and adds a little edge to your look!
- Choosing the dress is important but in my opinion it the shoes that will make everyone look twice! My choice is usually a classic all-black look. However, these white stiletto heels have me thinking twice! Seriously good! If they are in your price range, don’t think twice they will sell quickly! Look for either a sexy, classic heel or one with details such as what I’m wearing. Can you believe mine are only $34.99 and still in stock!
I had so much fun shooting this dress at the ACL Moody Theater! It was tough to edit down the pictures, so there are more than I usually have in a post!
In Collaboration with Maggy London
Photography: Cathy Sunu
Be sure to follow me on my social channels and subscribe now, so you don’t miss the next post 🙂